(L-R: Michael Piscitello, Alan Spooner, Joe Piscitello, Marissa Perrone, Sarah Clark Stuart, Nicole Brunet, Sonja Bontrager
The team at Piscitello Law was delighted to host a Summer Reception for the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia (BCGP). Champion Circle Members & major donors gathered to celebrate the accomplishments of BCGP laid out in their 2023 Annual Report.
Executive Director Sarah Clark Stuart presented a super impressive body of work across several categories – policy; education; Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling program; and Equity.
Highlights from the Annual Report
- 10 new Circuit projects planned: only 90 miles left to get to their 500- mile target by 2025;
- $31 million dedicated to Spring Garden Street Greenway;
- Philadelphia Police Department changed name of their investigation unit from “Accident” to “Crash.”
- In collaboration with Velolingo, they created bike safety videos and brochures in six different languages;
- Over 400 people visited Bartrams’ garden bike hub and participated in free rides/classes;
- Over 60 youngsters participated in cycling education events at the Lil Philly Safety Village in Hunting Park, PA.
Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program (BCYC):
- BCYC All star teams participated in several races during the year, including road, mountain bike and cyclocross events;
- 3 graduating BCYC seniors were awarded $10,000 scholarships made possible by Jerry & Julie Jacobs and gala supporters. These amazing student athletes are heading off to pursue college at Drexel, UVA and Penn State. CONGRATS!!
- New 5-year strategic plan or “roadmap” promotes inclusive access to safe transportation for all communities;
- Their advocacy work will focus on creating a sustainable transportation network that prioritizes cycling and pedestrian safety for under-resourced communities.
Check out their recent blog post that contains the full annual report here .
Gratitude for Sarah’s leadership
We have had the privilege of working with Sarah for many years during her tenure at the Bicycle Coalition. While her leadership and accomplishments will be celebrated at the upcoming annual gala, we took the opportunity to share some bike love with her directly. Joe, Marissa and Michael presented her with a cool upcycled bicycle clock from Crank Therapy.
Bicycle Coalition’s Annual Gala
We’re looking forward to the September 28, 2023 Gala – which will be a wonderful chance to support the incredible work of the Coalition and their wide community of advocates. Come join us to help make our roads safer for cyclists and pedestrians. More info on the gala is here. Hope to see you there!