Attorney Joseph T. Piscitello
Founder of Piscitello Law
Attorney Joe Piscitello is the founding principal of Piscitello Law and brings 35+ years of experience as an attorney in the Delaware Valley region. He has successfully handled thousands of legal cases in Pennsylvania and has litigated issues in the U.S. Court of Appeals.
He serves as a Judge Pro-Tempore in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas where he helps attorneys find effective legal solutions to complex matters of the law.
Over the last decade, Piscitello has specialized in the field of cycling law and represents cyclists involved in crashes that range from fatalities to common bike crashes. His name is well known in the cycling and triathlon community and is a trusted attorney that athletes, commuters, and recreational cyclists turn to when they have been injured. Attorney Piscitello uses his competitive nature and commitment to excellence to provide quality legal assistance to injured clients.
Piscitello is also a competitive cyclist and has been racing for 40+ years. In 2010, he founded a Masters- level cycling team, called PA Masters, whose members compete at all levels, including state, national and international. He won the Masters 45 plus PA State Criterium Championship (2013) and the Masters 55 plus PA Cyclocross Series Championship (2015). In addition, he placed top ten in the Masters National Championship 3 times. To compete at this level, Piscitello devotes thousands of miles training on roads and trails throughout Pennsylvania. He has first-hand experience with the dangers associated with riding such as dooring, being buzzed, or the classic right hook.
Attorney Piscitello has been a steadfast advocate to improve cycling and pedestrian infrastructure throughout the state; he has lobbied in Philadelphia and Harrisburg in support of Vision Zero. Piscitello Law supports numerous initiatives to engage young people and females in the sport. The firm recently launched expertise and capacity to support cyclists and pedestrians in the Spanish-speaking community. Piscitello has presented bike law safety talks at bike shops across the state to raise awareness of potential dangers on the road. His commitment to the sport and advocacy is one of the reasons why Piscitello Law is endorsed by the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia.
Contact Piscitello Lawtoday at (215) 372-8768 if you’ve been injured. We offer free initial case evaluations.
Joe is also a competitive cyclist and has been racing for the past decade. He won the Masters 45 plus PA State Criterium Championship (2013) and the Masters 55 plus PA Cyclocross Series Championship (2015). In addition, he placed top ten in the Masters National Championship 3 times.
Joe Piscitello served as Ride Coach for Walton Endurance in Stand Up to Cancer Ride (Europe, 2017)
Attorney Piscitello uses his competitive nature and commitment to excellence to provide quality legal assistance to injured clients.
Looking for more information about Attorney Piscitello? You can visit the following sites for featured information, as well as personal reviews left by some of his previous clients!
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Bike Law Network: Appointed Attorney for Bike Law Pennsylvania (2017 – 2020)
Cycling Associations and Sponsorships
- USA Cycling Association
- Pennsylvania Cycling Association
- The League of American Bicyclists
- Advisory Board, Philadelphia Bicycle Coalition’s Youth Cycling Program
- Sponsor, Philadelphia Bike Expo
- Title Sponsor, Gravel Ride (Trexlertown, PA)
- Title Sponsor, Mid Atlantic Cyclocross Series
- Founder, PA Masters Racing Team
- Cycling Coach & Group Leader, Walton Endurance
Awards for Cycling & Advocacy
- Pennsylvania State Cyclocross Champion, 60 plus (2020)
- Pennsylvania State Cyclocross Series Champion, 60 plus (2020)
- Pennsylvania State Cyclocross Champion, 55 plus (2015)
- Masters 45 Plus State Criterium Champion for Pennsylvania (2013)
- Three Times Top Ten at Master’s Nationals Cycling Championship (Criterium & Cyclocross)
- Paceline Supporter of Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia (2015)
- Outstanding Support Award for Cadence Youth Cycling Program (2012, 2014)
- J.D. Thomas M. Cooley School of Law, Michigan (1987)
- B.A., Philosophy & Psychology, East Stroudsburg University, PA (1983)
What to Do After a Bike Crash
If police arrive, communicate any physical complaints you have at that moment.
Document what happened & your injuries. Don't downplay your injuries!
Get your version of events, driver's & witness' details in the accident report.
Preserve evidence & seek advice from a professional.