Auto Accident Attorney in Philadelphia
Helping You Pursue Compensation for Damages
Every year in the United States, more than six million accidents occur, and someone is injured by a crash every 12 seconds. If you have been involved in a car accident, you will likely have injuries that require medical attention, a significant amount of physical pain, and the inability to work and make a living.
Fortunately, if the accident was caused by the negligence or intentional act of another driver, you may be able to recover monetary damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, out-of-pocket expenses, lost wages, and more.
Our Philadelphia car accident lawyer at Piscitello Law has successfully handled numerous cases. We can help you sort out your legal options while working towards a positive outcome. Call today at (215) 372-8768or contact us online to learn more.
Recent Result: Confidential settlement awarded to 40 year-old male in Philadelphia involving national pizza delivery company. As a result of multiple expert analyses, the well-known pizza delivery company agreed to confidential settlement instead of proceeding to trial. More About this Result
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
Some of the steps that you should take following an automobile accident include:
- Seeking immediate medical treatment for serious injuries
- Taking detailed pictures of the vehicle, accident site, and your injuries
- Notifying your insurance company of the incident immediately, and taking notes of what you discussed, including names, job titles, and phone numbers
- Finding out what is covered and what is excluded under your insurance policy
- Being aware of the difference between the replacement value of the vehicle and what you actually owe
- Being as accurate and as truthful as possible with the insurance company
- Keeping all receipts for car rentals, medical bills, and any other expenses related to the accident
- Consulting with and retain the services of an experienced Philadelphia car accident attorney
What Kind of Injuries Can You Get from a Car Accident?
Car accident injuries range from short-term symptoms to potentially devastating issues that can affect you for years to come.
In addition to pain, bruising, torn muscles, broken bones, and more, catastrophic injuries like:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Damage to your spine, neck, and back
- And amputation may occur
These serious injuries can head to a lifetime of medical care and an inability to live your life and work as you once did. It is also important to remember that injuries can appear long after the actual accident. In the heat of the moment, adrenaline can run high and you may not realize the true extent of your injuries until days later.
This can manifest as:
- Pain in your joints or muscles
- Soft tissue damage
- Extensive bruising
- And other physical injuries
In addition, psychological symptoms can appear much later, manifesting as mood swings, depression, and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
This is why it is vital you seek medical treatment as soon as possible after your accident and follow up with your medical care and doctor’s recommendations. Worsening symptoms will be noted in your medical record and your attorney can then use this to build a strong case for compensation.
What Damages Can You Receive After a Car Accident?
No matter the extent of your injuries, Piscitello Law can help you seek the compensation you need to recover and move forward.
This includes financial help for damages including:
- The costs of your medical and rehabilitative care
- The projected cost of future medical care
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Reduced earning capacity
- Transportation expenses to and from your doctor’s visits
In addition to the above economic damages, our Philadelphia car accident attorney can help you seek noneconomic damages for issues that do not have a monetary value.
This includes your:
- Suffering and emotional anguish
- The loss of enjoyment of life due to the accident
- Compensation for disfigurement or permanent scarring
- And loss of consortium
Don't Accept an Insurance Company's Offer
Because many insurance companies will try to either deny or minimize your claim, it is important to not make any statements to adjusters, accept their estimate or a check for payment, or sign a release or waiver before consulting with a trustworthy attorney. You have the right to explore your options, and the initial estimated damages may be far greater than insurance companies offer.
Contact Piscitello Law immediately at (215) 372-8768and get your free case evaluation from an experienced lawyer who is on your side!